Friday, December 20, 2013

Advent: Joy

In a Christmas letter I received this week, Mandy Caley wrote that their year had been extra full of prayer needs.  I wrote back and said that I have felt overwhelmed with so many prayer burdens.  She responded, "Ah, but God is not overwhelmed, eh?"

God is not overwhelmed.  As I sit and pray in the mornings, I call out, "Come quickly, Lord; the world is falling apart!"  But He is not overwhelmed.



 "A Mighty Fortress is our God, a bulwark never failing.
Our helper He, amidst the flood of mortal ills prevailing.
For still our ancient foe, doth seek to work us woe.
His craft and power are great, and armed with cruel hate.


On earth is not his equal.”

This year, I have found joy in remembering that God "delivered us from so great a death, and does deliver; in Whom we trust that He will yet deliver us." 2 Corinthians 1:10.  Past, present, and future.   Joy, Joy, Joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment